Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back in the midwest

Today, my luggage that went one train stop past mine finally arrived via FedEx. I guess that marks the official start of my break!

(Message to Amtrak - I love traveling by train, even for long distances, even with you screwing up my luggage. If you really wanted to make it perfect though, you would put a wireless signal in each of the cars!)

We decided to spend the holidays in the midwest rather than the PNW. While part of me wants to hide out from the family for the entire month off, we really couldn't justify doing so. We've finally trained our families that we can't be in both Northern Town and Neon Town during Christmas and New Years, but to tell both of them no really wouldn't fly. PNW would mean substantial travel to both while midwest allows for fairly easy access to Northern Town. So, Midwest it is.

It is kind of strange to be here. I've been away long enough that the look of the place seems strange. It is compounded by the fact that all of the students have gone home and it is pretty quiet around campus/house.

I've been able to spend some time with friends from old work. I sometimes feel like I don't have friends, but turns out, I do! Nice to feel loved.

Most of all, it was sooo very nice to wake up with Husband this morning. It seems a bit unreal to think I have a month of this... no need to rush out of bed for work, school, etc and to be in the same house! How lucky I am!

2 Comments:

Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Welcome back to the midwest. My long-distance hubby came home last week and we'll be together until mid-January... so I know the lovely feeling of not having to dread saying goodbye soon. Enjoy it while it lasts.

7:23 AM  
Blogger JustMe said...

glad you are on break! enjoy your month!!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home